Hiring WordPress People & Development Q&A
We are very pleased to be welcoming Adam Tomat, Lead developer at @Rareloop – The Digital Product Studio and Ben Kelly of Appeal Digital.
Hiring WordPress People
Ben Kelly will be talking about starting or growing a business and bringing other people in on your vision.
In this talk you will be guided you through some of Ben’s team’s learning experiences (read: mistakes) and their approach to bringing people on board with a focus on their development team.
“When starting or growing a business, bringing other people in on your vision will probably be the most difficult thing you have to. But it will also be the most rewarding.
After quitting my job with my business partner Luke in 2016, we’ve brought 10 people on board in various capacities, including freelancer, erasmus placement, intern, apprentice, part time and of course full time employee. We’ve also fully adapted WordPress as our framework/CMS of choice, despite a lot of our staff having no prior experience with it!
In this talk I’ll guide you through some of our learning experiences (read: mistakes) and our approach to bringing people on board with a focus on our development team.
Topics covered include;
- -Identifying a gap in your workforce and knowing when to hire.
- Preparing yourself and your business for bringing people on board.
- Marketing your business to your potential employees.
- Finding people, specifically WordPress developers, who work with WordPress like you do.
- Interviewing and creating a rock solid interview process.
- Onboarding and getting your employees happy and productive quickly.
- How to keep employees engaged and fulfilled.
- Dealing with issues and making accommodations.
WordPress Development Q&A
— Bristol WordPress (@WPBristolPeeps) October 2, 2018